1. Direct contact with pathogen or its antigen is required
2. A time period is required for immunity development
3. Antibodies are produced within the body in response to pathogen or antigen.
4. It lasts for a long period
5. Immunologic memory may result in life long immunity
6. Not much side effects
|Active and Passive Immunity|
1. No direct contact with antigen is required. Antibodies are directly injected from outside.
2. Immunity develops immediately.
3. Antibodies are injected into the body are obtained from outside.
4. It lasts for a few days.
5. Only for few days
6. At times body reacts to the introduced antisera. The condition is called serum sickness.
For more: Immunology Notes/ Immunology MCQs