- Plant hormone.
- This hormone is produced on Vernalization (Chilling treatment of plants) and hence the name 'Vernalin'.
- Vernalin induces flowering in plants.
- Flowering hormone.
- Groups of hormones specific to special regions of plants.
- Rhizocaline is root forming.
- Caulocaline is shoot forming
- Phyllocaline is mesophyll tissue forming hormones.
- Synthetic growth hormones
- They bring about fundamental action on morphogenesis and hence they are called morphactins.
- Chemically :9-hydroxy fluorine 9-carboxylic acid.
- Generally they are growth inhibitors.
- Brassinosteroids are complex group of lipids synthesized from the sterol campesterol.
- Compounds containing two or more amine groups.
- Precursor- Lysine & Arginine
- Ex: Putrescine, Spermidine,Spermine