6. In the following table, some components, processes and structures of mitochondria are presented. Match both columns and identify the correct combination.
|01. Porin. |
02. Enzymes of mitochondrial RNA synthesis.
03. ATP synthase.
04. Monoamine oxidase.
05. Enzymes of fatty acid oxidation.
06. Coenzyme Q.
07. Enzymes of citric acid cycle.
|I. Outer mitochondrial membrane.|
II. Inner mitochondrial membrane.
III. Mitochondrial matrix.
3´ UAC 5´ 3´ CGA 5´ 3´ GGA 5´ 3´ GCU 5´ 3´ UUU 5´ 3´ GGA 5´
Mark the DNA nucleotide sequence of the complementary chain to the DNA chain that
encodes for the armadillo intestine protein:
A 5´-ATG-GCT-GGT-CGA - AAA-CCT-3´.
B 5´-ATG-GCT-CCT-CGA - AAA-CCT-3´.
C 5´-ATG-GCT-GCT-CGA - AAA-GCT-3´.
D 5´-ATG-GGT-CCT-CGA - AAA-CGT-3´.
8. Considering the roles of membrane lipids and proteins, and the functions of the following membranes, match the protein/lipid ratios given below to the following membranes.A. Schwann cell membrane (myelin sheath)
B. Erythrocyte (red blood cell) membrane
C. Inner mitochondrial membrane
|Protein / Lipid Ratio||Answer (A/B/C)|
Which components contain the following:
1. orange and yellow carotenoids that harvest light energy for photosynthesis
3. macromolecular polymers that prevent the cell from bursting if it is placed in fresh water
10. A widely-held theory is that mitochondria evolved from endosymbiotic bacteria.Indicate which statements support this theory by answering Yes (Y) or No (N).
1. Mitochondria have their own DNA
2. Mitochondria have their own ribosomes
3. Mitochondria are derived from pre-existing mitochondria by division
4. Human mitochondrial genes lack introns
5. Some mitochondrial gene DNA sequences are similar to those of
certain aerobic bacteria
6. C 01, 04 03,06 02, 05, 07
7. B 5´-ATG-GCT-CCT-CGA - AAA-CCT-3´.
|Protein / Lipid Ratio||Answer|
|1||1. 1:1||B. Erythrocyte (red blood cell) membrane|
|2||2. 4:1||C. Inner mitochondrial membrane|
|3||3. 1:4||A. Schwann cell membrane (myelin sheath)|
1. orange and yellow carotenoids that harvest light energy for photosynthesis: Thylakoid membrane
2. starch: Stroma of chloroplast
3. macromolecular polymers that prevent the cell from bursting if it is placed in fresh water: Cell wall
4 mitochondria: Cytosol
10. 1-5: Yes