(Category No: 464/2007, Post: Lecture in Botany, Exam Conducted by Kerala PSC)
a) Molecular chaperones that regulate protein foldingb) Protein Tyrosine kinase proteinc) Protease that degrade uniquitone tagged proteind) GTPase activating protein
2. M13 is a
a) Plasmid vectorb) Viral vectorc) Cosmid vectord) Phagemid vector
3. Which of the following is having a proteinaceous infectious agent?
a) Virioidsb) Mycoplasmac) Virusd) Scarpie
4.Which component of transcribed RNA in eukaryotes is present in the initial transcript but is removed before translation occurs?
a) Intronb) 5’capc) 3’ poly A taild)Ribosome binding site
5. Differential distribution of photo assimilates in different sinks of the plant is called as
a) Separation of assimilatesb) Storage of photo assilmilatesc) Assimilates partitioningd) Photo assimilates consumption
6. Redox Potential value (E0) of NAD/NADH system is
a) -0.1 Vb) +0.1 Vc) - 0.32 Vd + 0.32 V
7. Which of the following is not a component of mitochondrial electron transport?
a) Ubiquinoneb) Cytochromec) Cytochrome b6d) Cytochrome a3
8. Which of the following plant has become an important research tool to plant molecular biologists?
a) Arabidopsis thalianab) Brassica campestrisc) Xanthium strumariumd) Lathyrus odoratus
9. Which of the following GA is immediate precursor of all other GA’s in plants?
a) GA1b) GA2c) GA10d) GA12
10. What would be the frequency of AABBCC individuals from a mating of two AaBbCc individual?
a) 1/64b) 1/12c) 1/16d) 1/8
1-a, 2-b, 3-d, 4-a, 5-c, 6-c, 7-b, 8- a, 9-d, 10-a