Cell cycle is the history of a cell or the stages through which it passes from one division to other. Inside the body or in cell cultures cells passes through series of defined stages called cell cycle.
The journey of life from the single cell zygote to an individual made up of trillions of cells is attained by continuous division of cells, called mitosis.
Meiosis is reduction division that occurs only in germ cells where gametes are produced with half the chromosome number to that of the parent cell.
- Somatic cell formation by Mitosis
- Meiosis: Division for gamete formation
- Difference between Mitosis and Meiosis
- Crossing over; the process behind our uniqueness
- Synaptonemal complex ultra structure
- What happens if Non-disjunction occurs in meiosis I, II or mitosis?
- How to count chromosomes and DNA molecules during mitosis?
- How to count chromosomes and DNA molecules during meiosis?
- Holliday model that explains recombination