i) Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodiesii) Monoclonal antibodies (MABs)iii) Principle of hybridoma technologyiv) How HAT medium works in the selection of hybrid cells?v) Applications of MABs
- In Clinical diagnosis.
- Used in diagnostic kits for different cancers, malaria, Herpes virus diseases, and in pregnancy detection
- Used in the treatment of diseases including cancers of breast, lung etc and also against surface antigens of parasites.
- Used as a research tool,
- In genetic engineering, Mabs are used to screen recombinants
- In Immunogical studies, Mabs are used to identify various cell types involved in immune response.
- Used in immunologic techniques like Radio immune assay (RIA), ELISA etc.
- Used to purify proteins and enzymes especially in immunopurification