61. Holiday junction is observed during
(A) Mitosis62. Okazaki fragments are
(D) DNA Repair
(A) RNA primers for DNA synthesis 7
(B) Short DNA fragments after nuclease digestion
(C) Newly synthesized DNA fragments
(D) Short stretches of DNA attached to RNA primers on lagging strand
63. Which one of the following antibiotics attaches to 50S ribosome and inhibits its peptidyl-transferase activity?
(A) Penicillin64. DNA from a host sample can be amplified by a process known as the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Which of the following is required for PCR?
(A) Knowledge of the genetic sequence to be amplified
(B) A single nucleotide primer
(C) A universal probe to detect the amplified product
(D) A heat-sensitive DNA polymerase enzyme65. Glycosylation of proteins occurs in the
(A) peroxisome66. The 20 different amino acids found in proteins are normally coded by
(D) endoplasmic reticulum
(A) 59 codons67. Which of the following is NOT found inside the eukaryotic nucleus?
(B) 60 codons
(C) 61 codons
(D) 63 codons
(A) Nucleolus68. A recombinant vaccine is available for which one of the following cancers?
(B) Cajal bodies
(C) PML bodies
(A) Adult T cell leukemia69. The wavelengths of light that penetrate the least into the ocean are
(B) Colon carcinoma
(D) Cervical carcinoma
(A) red and violet70. WebIn is a sequence submission tool provided by
(B) red and yellow
(C) blue and brown
(D) green and blue
(A) NCBI 471. National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) was established on November 4, 1988 as a division of the
(A) National Library of Medicine (NLM)72. Which one of the following promoters is not derived from Agrobacterium?
(B) National Institutes of Health (NIH)
(C) European Bioinformatics Institute
(A) CaMV 35S73. In cell cycle, paternal and maternal chromosomes exhibit a “bouquet stage” during
(A) Leptotene74. Which of the following enzymes is NOT used in pyrosequencing?
(A) DNA Polymerase75. HSP70 chaperons are not present in which among the following organelles?
(D) ATP sulfurylase
(A) Endoplasmic reticulum
(B) Golgi bodies
- Previous Solved DBT Questions: 1- 20/ 21-40/ 41-60
- GATE-Biotechnology Questions : 1-15 /15-40
- Biotechnology MCQs and more
61. (C) Recombination Refer: Holliday Model
62. (D) Short stretches of DNA attached to RNA primers on lagging strand
63. (B) Chloramphenicol Refer: Protein synthesis inhibits
64. (D) A heat-sensitive DNA polymerase enzyme
65. (D) endoplasmic reticulum
66. (C) 61 codons (61 codons + 3 stop codons=64 codons)
67. (D) Centrosomes
68. (D) Cervical carcinoma
69. (D) green and blue
70. (B) EMBL
71. (A) National Library of Medicine (NLM) The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) is part of the United States National Library of Medicine (NLM), a branch of the National Institutes of Health.
72. (A) CaMV 35S
73. (B) Zygotene
74. (B) Pyrophosphatase
75. (C) Nucleus