111. SNARE proteins are found in the membranes of all of the following compartments EXCEPT
b) Golgi complex
c) Early endosome
d) Endoplasmic reticulum
112. All of the following enzymes are linked to reduction of NADH except
a) isocitrate dehydrogenase
b) lactate dehydrogenase
c) succinate dehydrogenase
d) pyruvate dehydrogenase
113. Which of the following are components of a phospholipid?
a) cholesterol, glycerol, fatty acids
b) fatty acids, phosphate group, glycerol
c) glycerol, amino acids, phosphate group
d) phosphate group, cholesterol, monosaccharides
114. Prosthetic groups such as iron-sulfur clusters and heme function to
a) Donate electrons to NADH
b) Allow proteins to diffuse within the mitochondrial inner membrane
c) Both accept and donate electrons during electron transport
d) Transport protons across the mitochondrial inner membrane
115. Sciophytes are plants that prefer to grow in
c) Cold temperature
116. Which one of the following is a micronutrient of plants?
117. Which of the following statements about the trp operon is not correct?
a) It is normally turned off if tryptophan is present.
b) Tryptophan acts as the corepressor.
c) The regulator gene product is inactive by itself.
d) Tryptophan binds to the repressor protein and inactivates it.
118. Glucose labeled with 14C at C-6 is added to a solution containing the enzymes and cofactors of the oxidative phase of the pentose phosphate pathway. The radioactive label will be observed at
a) C5 of ribulose 5-phosphate
b) C3 of ribulose 5-phosphate
c) C1 of ribulose 5-phosphate
d) C4 of ribulose 5-phosphate
119. The molarity of 15 % NaCl is
120. Which one of the following antibiotics is used to demonstrate the fresh protein synthesis in response to challenge by an inducer?
- Previous Solved Question Papers with explanation : Set 1/ Set 2 / Set 3/ Set 4/ Set 5/ Set 6 /Set 7/ Set 8
111. a) Mitochondria
112. c) succinate dehydrogenase
113. b) fatty acids, phosphate group, glycerol
114. c) Both accept and donate electrons during electron transport
115. b) Shade
116. a) Mn
117. d) Tryptophan binds to the repressor protein and inactivates it.
118. a) C5 of ribulose 5-phosphate
119. a) 2.56 (Molarity = No of moles of solute/Litre of Solution)
120. a) Chloramphenicol